Saturday, September 12, 2009

Jerusalem Days 1 & 2

Today we went to church at the BYU Jerusalem Center. It was beautiful. It is built on a hill overlooking the city. It is quite an experience to sing "I Stand All Amazed" as you are looking out over the location where the events took place.
Our hotel is very nice, right by the Jaffa Gate of the Old City. So we went down for lunch today at the restaurant and they had a buffet. They asked for our room number and made reference to "Full Board" meaning it was included in the room rate. So I asked her to verify that and we loaded up our plates.  The food was amazing Braised Lamb, Beef Stew, Cooked Wheat, Rice, Salads and 25 different little desserts.  So as we are sitting down to eat she informs us it is 280 shekels EACH  (that's like $70 a piece) I lost my appetite and told her never mind I didn't want my lunch I would just sit here while Tom ate. Cause he was already chowing down!  So the manager was gracious and didn't charge me but let me eat anyway. How can they get away with charging that much!  
The view from the Jerusalem center:
Here are all the pictures from the first few days

No comments:

Post a Comment