Today's pictures are brought to you by the cool Italian guy who sold us an SD card for the camera. (I left ours in the computer at the hotel)
We headed out this morning to see Michelangelo's David. On the map its a few blocks up from the bus station. But none of the streets in Florence are straight and few of them even connect. We walked a while and ended up at Santa Maria. So we followed the crowds (and the signs on the street) and apparently walked right by it. Finally, on a side street there is a dirty building covered in graffiti with a small entrance that looks like a hallway that is the Academy and the home of David.
I
t was worth the search. Candy Melville is correct: it is so impressive in person. One would think that something you have seen so many times and is so familiar would be disappointing but it was not! It is huge, much larger than we thought it would be, and so graceful, just amazing. I am astounded that someone can take a large block of abandoned marble and create this! Wow, I need to start applying myself and the gifts I've been given. Note: photo has been cropped for adult content ;)
t was worth the search. Candy Melville is correct: it is so impressive in person. One would think that something you have seen so many times and is so familiar would be disappointing but it was not! It is huge, much larger than we thought it would be, and so graceful, just amazing. I am astounded that someone can take a large block of abandoned marble and create this! Wow, I need to start applying myself and the gifts I've been given. Note: photo has been cropped for adult content ;)
We headed up to the river and the Ponte Vecchio (a bridge over the river covered in shops) We passed through some lovely plazas with shops and people gathered. The clouds started to break and the sun came out. It was beautiful. We had pizza at a little shop along the way. Tom had wanted pizza the whole trip. On the other side of the bridge Tom got some gelato. I tried six times to get a non-dorky picture of him eating it. Here are the fruits of my labors. 
We were headed back to the hotel but the sun was so beautiful I wanted some more pictures. Tom followed along as we went back to the big square. While waiting for the bus there was a fur protest going on across the street at some store.
Back at the hotel we had some stuff left over from last nights dinner and got ready for the big drive tomorrow!
P.S. The grocery store sells these little chocolate mousse desserts in the yogurt section. Wow best dessert ever.
Pics from today!













No comments:
Post a Comment