Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kiel, Germany Sunday, Monday and Tuesday

Here is a link to all the photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2026336&id=1204082938&l=d5958f7b96

It has been beautiful here. The sun come up about 4 am and sets about 10 pm. However, this is not condusive to a good night sleep.

This town is so much prettier in the summer than winter. It is very pleasant. We are staying in an apartment on the third floor of a 120 year old house. It is one of the few that escaped bombing in WWII. The days are very mild. Although yesterday we had two massive thunderstorms move through. But they cleared up in about an hour. When you open the windows in the afternoon you can hear the seagulls and the horns from passing ships as well as the three clocktowers in town playing chimes and ringing off the time.

So despite the dire warnings in the official looking letters we got from the Bayer Police Department (from a ticket Tom got in Munich last year). We had no problems when we flew in. Thank you EU! (They did the passport check in Zurich).

Tom is working hard. I am trying to get motivated to work but I don't sleep well at night (hard beds, flat pillows, my same old complaints) So I am not being very creative. Today I'll buckle down.

I am planning on going to the Aquarium today to get pictures of the seals!

No comments:

Post a Comment